Thursday, November 4, 2010
Reflecting on the Group Wiki
I was just thinking about the experience we had with the group wiki. I feel mixed in regards to this assignment. In reality the idea of working with people that you've never met, and combining resources of many people to accomplish rather large assignments with less energy from everyone involved. In theory I love this idea. The actual project though, brought up many issues that we have addressed before in class when we did the internet evaluation assignment. Not knowing the people who are contributing to something with your name on it, then requires that you in addition research the work of others to then evaluate the quality of their work and references. When working with responsible, quality people a collaborative wiki could be a gret opportunity. I do feel though that this aspect of the quality of people involved is something that must be addressed when later on I, or others, potentially re-explore this experience. Overall, it seemed a very interesting experiment of sorts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment