Thursday, November 4, 2010

Color Wheel Excel Quiz



Well Excel 2010, my you are an interesting program. Apparently the version on my PC is completely different from any other version I have seen so, both from the Macs in our computer lab and the Macs in the lab in my studio. Interesting. i myself found that the codes and formulas necessary to create this quiz were so complicated and specific while at the same time appearing flawlessly simple to the user of the sheet. I don't know if I particularly see myself using this sort of tool in the classroom, however as the push to quantify learning moves further and further towards digital and therefore written assessment, this may be an easy way to implement some more written assessment into my classroom without mush effort for the student, and only minimal start-up effort on my part. The best thing about excel I feel is that once you have written the code in for whether an answer is correct or not it can be pulled to any other box, so it only has to be written once. This means that is I unhide the answer column, I can type in any question, change the answer and the word bank and I don't have to remember any of the code at all. This makes using the program seem a lot more likely for than if i had to keep up with the code mhyself outside of the program. now I can just keep this quiz in my records and I have the code with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment